E/R: Sokode Juaso Chief Alleges Political Bias in Development, Recalls Support Under Former MCE
Barimah Dr Kwabena Awuah Parker I
The Chief of Akyem Sokode Juaso in the Abuakwa North Municipality of the Eastern Region, Barimah Dr. Kwabena Awuah Parker I, has expressed concern over what he describes as the neglect of his community under the current administration of the Abuakwa North Municipal Assembly.
According to Barimah Dr. Kwabena Awuah Parker I, Sokode Juaso experienced significant development during the tenure of the former Abuakwa North Municipal Chief Executive (MCE), Hon. Alhaji Umar Babs Bodinga.
The chief, who openly acknowledged his membership of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), said he nevertheless maintained a cordial relationship with the former MCE and supported the Municipal Assembly's development initiatives because of the mutual respect that existed between them.
He explained that his political affiliation did not prevent him from cooperating with the former MCE or supporting projects and programmes intended to benefit residents of the municipality.
However, Barimah Dr. Kwabena Awuah Parker I alleged that the situation has changed under the current MCE, Hon. Charles Darko Yeboah, claiming that the MCE considers him an NPP supporter, a perception he believes has affected the level of development attention given to Sokode Juaso.
The chief stressed that he has no personal problem with the current MCE and remains committed to serving his people regardless of political differences.
“I don't have any problem with him. I will continue to be the chief of my town as long as I live, but with political appointments, the table can change,” he said.
Barimah Dr. Kwabena Awuah Parker I's comments highlight concerns over the potential impact of political affiliations on the distribution of development projects at the local level. He called for development to be approached without political considerations, stressing that communities should benefit from government interventions irrespective of the political leanings of their traditional leaders or residents.
He made the remarks in an interview with Nana Kwasi Asare on Nopras 107.5 FM on Friday, August 21, 2026.
The chief's concerns come amid calls for stronger collaboration between traditional authorities and local government officials to ensure that development projects are fairly distributed across communities within the Abuakwa North Municipality.
Credit: Nana Kwasi Asare

Comments
Post a Comment